[updated 19 July 2021]
The health and safety of all those who visit and/or work at CERN is paramount. CERN has adapted many activities to the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thus since 1 June 2021, CERN has implemented a new four-level COVID-19 scale, determining conditions for several measures, including access for visitors. The level in force at any given time is determined by the incidence rate in the local area, and a qualitative assessment by CERN taking into account, among other parameters, the number of confirmed cases at CERN and vaccination status in the local area.
CERN is currently under COVID Level 2 which means that:
- The Microcosm exhibition and CERN shop (at CERN reception) are open with strict sanitary measures (see below) in place.
Groups of 12 visitors and more planning to visit Microcosm are requested to inform visits service in advance given the limited capacity of the exhibition.
- Public events in the Globe of Science and Innovation will take place with strict sanitary measures (see below) in place.
- Multiple individual guided tours for 12 visitors are organised each day, on site registration only depending on availability.
In the meantime,
- The Universe of Particles exhibition (in the Globe) remains closed until further notice
- All group guided tours scheduled to take place before September 2021 have been cancelled. We are not able to accept requests for guided tours taking place before September 2021.
Sanitary measures (activity-specific measures are communicated on site)
|Access of visitors to CERN sites is not allowed in situations of
|No need to show a COVID-19 certificate or recent COVID-19 negative test if conditions listed above are met.|
|Mandatory wearing of type 1 surgical mask (will be provided if needed)|
|Mandatory disinfection with hand sanitizing gel before entering the venues|
|Globe Public Events will be accessible upon prior registration with full identification of the person that is registering|
|Visitors are encouraged to install a tracing application such as SwissCOVID (CH) or TousAntiCOVID (FR) on their smartphones|
Any changes to these measures will be published on this page.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you gradually back to CERN.