[updated 14 October 2021]
GROUP GUIDED TOURS ON SITE ARE CANCELLED UNTIL JANUARY 2022 AT THE EARLIEST.
The health and safety of all those who visit and/or work at CERN is paramount. CERN has adapted many activities to the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thus since 1 June 2021, CERN has implemented a new four-level COVID-19 scale, determining conditions for several measures, including access for visitors. The level in force at any given time is determined by the incidence rate in the local area, and a qualitative assessment by CERN taking into account, among other parameters, the number of confirmed cases at CERN and vaccination status in the local area.
CERN is currently under COVID Level 2 which means that:
- The Microcosm exhibition and CERN shop (at CERN reception) are open with strict sanitary measures (see below) in place. There may be wait times due to the influx of visitors. We ask you to be understanding.
Groups of 12 visitors and more planning to visit Microcosm are requested to inform visits service in advance given the limited capacity of the exhibition.
- Public events in the Globe of Science and Innovation will take place with strict sanitary measures (see below) in place.
- Multiple individual guided tours for 24 visitors are organised each day, on site registration only depending on availability. Check the actual schedule for the next 7 calendar days here.
In the meantime,
- The Universe of Particles exhibition (in the Globe) remains closed until further notice
- All group guided tours scheduled to take place before January 2022 have been cancelled. We are not able to accept requests for guided tours taking place before April 2022.
Sanitary measures (activity-specific measures are communicated on site)
|Access of visitors to CERN sites is not allowed in situations of
|Since Monday 13 September, a COVID certificate valid in Switzerland with picture ID is required to access Microcosm, guided tours and events in the Globe for all visitors aged 16 and over. This follows a decision by Swiss Federal Council to extend COVID certificate usage and which CERN has decided to implement as well.
Only QR certificates validated by the swiss Covid Certificate Check app will be accepted (click on the link to download the app and test your own certificate).
A valid picture ID will be required to check certificate holder's identity.
|Mandatory wearing of type 1 surgical mask (will be provided if needed), even with COVID certificate.|
|Mandatory disinfection with hand sanitizing gel before entering the venues|
|Globe Public Events will be accessible upon prior registration with full identification of the person that is registering|
|Visitors are encouraged to install a tracing application such as SwissCOVID (CH) or TousAntiCOVID (FR) on their smartphones|
Any changes to these measures will be published on this page.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you gradually back to CERN.