Guided tours for individuals are currently unavailable - More information
|Our guided tours are free of charge|
|From Monday to Saturday
Check special closure days
|Visits last about 2 hours
It is not possible to leave a visit before it is over
|From 1 to 11 visitors
Tours are organised in groups of 24 in the same language
Registration available 15 days and 3 days before the tour at 8.30 (Geneva Time)
|Recommended as from 12 years old
Minors MUST be accompanied by at least one adult
|Visits are on foot
You will walk approximately 1 km
|English and French only|
- The tour offers a movie introduction to CERN, followed by a visit to a historic area of CERN and to the operations centre of one of the experiments (currently replaced by a guided tour of Microcosm due to works).
- Immersive audio-visual presentations complement the information provided by the tour guide.
- The tour takes place both in and outdoors.
- Please note that these tours do not include any underground visits.
In addition to your tour, you can explore our two permanent exhibitions: the Microcosm, next to reception, and the Universe of Particles, on the ground floor of the Globe of Science and Innovation.
Procedure to book a guided tour for individuals
- Requesting a guided tour requires an account. You can use your CERN, Facebook, Google, Live, Yahoo or Orange account. Alternatively click here to create a CERN lightweight account.
- Click on the button below and submit the form.
- 15 days in advance, at 8.30. (Geneva time), half of the capacity (i.e. 12 people per tour) is released for booking
- 3 days in advance, 8.30. (Geneva time), the remaining half of the capacity (i.e. 12 people per tour) is released for booking
- The system is based on a first come, first served philosophy, please be aware that such visits are in very high demand.
- Once your guided tour is accepted, you are requested to provide the identity of all visitors (last name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth and nationality) within 48 hours. Failure to do so may lead to the cancellation of your guided tour. More information on what we do with visitors personal data.
|Request for a guided tour for individuals|