Guided tours for individuals are currently unavailable - More information
|Our guided tours are free of charge|
|From Monday to Saturday
|Tours last about 2 hours
It is not possible to leave a tour before the end
|From 1 to 11 visitors
Tours are organised in groups of 24 in the same language
Places are released 15 days and 3 days before the tour, at 8.30 a.m. (Geneva time)
Recommended for ages 12+
|Tours are on foot
You will walk approximately 1 km
|English and French only|
- Tours consist of a video introduction to CERN, followed by a visit to the first accelerator built at CERN and to the operations centre of one of the experiments (this is currently replaced by a guided tour of Microcosm due to works).
- Immersive audiovisual presentations complement the information provided by the tour guide.
- Tours take place both indoors and outdoors.
- Please note that these tours do not include any underground visits.
In addition to your tour, you can explore our two permanent exhibitions: Microcosm, situated next to the Reception, and the Universe of Particles, located on the ground floor of the Globe of Science and Innovation.
Procedure for booking a guided tour for individuals
- An account is required in order to request a guided tour. You can use your CERN, Facebook, Google, Live, Yahoo or Orange account. Alternatively, click here to create a CERN lightweight account.
- Click on the button below and submit the form.
- Half of the places on the tour (12 places) are released for booking 15 days in advance, at 8.30 a.m. (Geneva time).
- The remaining places (12 places) are released for booking three days in advance, at 8.30 a.m. (Geneva time).
- The system is based on a first-come-first-served philosophy; please be aware that these tours are in very high demand.
- Once your booking has been accepted, you will be requested to provide the details of all the members of your party (last name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth and nationality) within 48 hours. Failure to do so may lead to the cancellation of your guided tour.
More information on what we do with visitors’ personal data.
|Request for a guided tour for individuals|