Since 13 September: QR COVID certificate valid in Switzerland + picture ID are required to attend guided tours. All visitors will have to be physically present with the COVID certificate + picture ID at the time of registration (max 2 hours in advance). Thanks for your consideration. Click here for more information.
|Our guided tours are free of charge|
Here is the programme for the individual guided tours on the next 7 days (E = English / F = French):
|Tours last about 1 hour
It is not possible to leave a tour before the end
|Maximum 5 persons per registration.
Tours are organised in groups of 24, in a single language
|Mandatory registration at the main desk, upon availability and maximum 2 hours in advance.
No online registration
Recommended for ages 12+
|Tours are on foot
You will walk approximately 1 km
|English and French only|
- Tours consist of a visit to the first accelerator built at CERN.
- Immersive audiovisual presentation complement the information provided by the tour guide is available in the room next to the Reception.
- Tours take place both indoors and outdoors.
- Please note that these tours do not include any underground visits.
In addition to your tour, you can explore our permanent exhibition: Microcosm, situated next to the Reception.
How to register for a guided tour for individuals
- Online booking is not possible
- Registration is only possible at CERN Reception, for visits on the same day, according to availability
- Maximum 5 persons per registration
- As visitors will enter CERN fenced site, you will be requested to provide the details of all the members of your party at the time of registration (last name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth and nationality)
More information on what we do with visitors’ personal data.