|Our guided tours are free of charge|
Here is the programme for the individual guided tours on the next 7 days (E = English / F = French):
|Tours last about 1 hour
It is not possible to leave a tour before the end
|Maximum 11 persons per registration.
Tours are organised in groups of 24, in a single language
|Mandatory registration at the main desk, upon availability, maximum 2 hours in advance.
No online registration. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour for the registration.
Only one visit per visitor will be allowed.
Recommended for ages 12+
|Tours are on foot
You will walk approximately 1 km
|English and French only|
- Tours consist of a visit to the first accelerator built at CERN or the ATLAS detector control room
- Tours take place both indoors and outdoors
- Please note that these tours do not include any underground visits
In addition to your tour, you can explore our permanent exhibitions: Microcosm, situated next to the Reception, or Universe of particles, at the Globe. You can also watch the Discover CERN movie at the Reception.
How to register for a guided tour for individuals
- Online booking is not possible (see here why)
- Registration is only possible at CERN Reception, for visits on the same day, maximum 2 hours in advance, according to availability
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour for the registration.
- Maximum 5 persons per registration
- As visitors will enter CERN fenced site, you will be requested to provide the details of all the members of your party at the time of registration (last name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth and nationality)
More information on what we do with visitors’ personal data.