Guided tours can only be booked for 2021, but depending on pandemic evolution, cancellations are possible - More information
|Our guided tours are free of charge|
|From Monday to Saturday
Check special closure days
|Visits last about 3 hours
It is not possible to leave a visit before it is over
|For non-school groups of 12 to 48 visitors
Click here for school/university groups
Registration available 9 months in advance
|Recommended as from 12 years old
Minors MUST be accompanied by at least one adult
Groups of minors should be accompanied by at least 2 adults
|Most tours will require the use of a bus
CERN has a limited fleet and capacity
Having your own bus during the tour increases your chances to get a tour
|Up to 30 languages (dependent on guide availability)
French or English as backup language
|Requests from Tour Operators will be systematically rejected|
- The tour offers a movie introduction to CERN, followed by a visit of two on-site areas: control rooms, research facilites, engineering facilities etc.
- The tour takes place both in and outdoors.
- Final programme of the tour is decided at the last minute to take into account operational and safety constraints and cannot be guaranteed
- Please note that the vast majority of our tours do not include underground visits and that the LHC tunnel cannot be visited
Procedure to book a guided tour for groups
- Requesting a guided tour requires an account.
You can use your CERN, Facebook, Google, Live, Yahoo or Orange account.
Alternatively click here to create a CERN lightweight account.
- Once your account is created, click on button below and submit the form.
- Your request will be approved or rejected by the Visits Service within 5 business days.
The Visits Service will take into account: your group size, the requested languages, the country of origin (to guarantee a fair balance between countries), if you have your own bus, the requested dates, etc.
- Wait for your guided tour to be approved before making firm arrangements for travel and hotels.
- Once your guided tour is approved, you are requested to provide the identity of all visitors (last name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth and nationality) at the latest 21 days before your tour takes place.
- Failure to do so may lead to the cancellation of your guided tour.
More information on what we do with visitors personal data.
|Request for a guided tour for groups|