(available as of October 2023, groups bookings are opened)
Guided tours for groups are a unique opportunity to discover CERN behind the scenes with our volunteer guides.
- Guided tours for groups consist of a visit of one or two areas on the site, such as control rooms, research facilities, engineering facilities, etc.
- Underground visits are extremely rare and only possible when the accelerators are not running. The LHC tunnel cannot be visited.
- CERN received 3 times more requests for guided tours than it can accomodate. This offer is therefore very limited.
- Tours take place both indoors and outdoors.
- A guided tour takes between 2 and 3 hours depending on the programme and it is not possible to leave the tour before its end.
- Guided tours are recommended for visitors aged 12 and beyond, with a strict minimum of 10 years.
- The final guided tour programme cannot be announced nor guaranteed in advance.
- Most tours will require the use of a coach. Having your own coach for the tour increases your chance of getting a booking.
- As guided tours take place on CERN fenced domain, details of all the members of the group (last name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth and nationality), must be proivded 21 days before the tour date at the latest. Failure to do so may lead to the cancellation of the guided tour. More information on what we do with visitor’s personal data. To provide visitors information, an account is required. A CERN, eduGAIN, Google, LinkedIn, GitHub or Facebook account can be used. Alternatively, a CERN guest account can be created. Make sure the account is identified with the same e-mail used for the booking request.