- Guided tours for groups are proposed to non-students groups of between 12 and 48 (48 is a maximum including accompanying adults).
- Due to the nature of our activities, we recommend that children be aged at least 12 years to join guided tours. Our permanent exhibitions are more suitable for younger children.
- For groups of minors, there should be at least 2 accompanying adults.
- All tours are free of charge.
- Tours are available from Monday to Saturday, both mornings and afternoons.
- Each tour lasts about three hours and includes an introduction with a short film followed by a visit to one or two of the visit points (normally at ground-level).
- Please note that, in general, it is not possible to visit the underground experiments, especially for visitors under 16.
- For safety reasons, most of our visit point are not open to pupils younger than 12 years of age and therefore the offer is limited.
In addition to your tour, you can discover the permanent exhibitions at your leisure: the Microcosm, next to Reception, and the Universe of Particles, on the ground floor of the Globe of Science and Innovation - (Opening hours).
- Please check the following important instructions. Failure to respect any of these instructions may lead to your guided tour being cancelled.
Frequently asked questions
- Please read our frequently asked questions page.
- Reservations of tours for groups are open 3 months in advance.
- Requests submitted by agencies or tour operators will not be considered.
- You must fill in a request for guided tour below. Please note that your request has not been accepted until you receive an official confirmation from the Visits Service by e-mail.
- Filling in the form does not guarantee that the guided tour will be accepted.
- If you do not receive a response five working days after submitting your request, please contact our service by e-mail.
- The decision to accept or not your request is base on various parameters: availability of our visit sites, availability of our guides, requested language, size of the group, if you provide or not a bus for transport during the tour etc.
- Due to CERN site access rules, once your request is accepted you will have to provide full identity of all visitors at least 21 days before the tour. Failure to provide this information may lead to the guided tour to be cancelled for some visitors.
- 21 days before the tour you will be requested to do a final confirmation of the tour.
Please note that...
- CERN is open to all but receives many more requests for places on tours than it can accommodate.
- Even though CERN considers outreach, and therefore guided tours, as part of its key missions, its main mission is fundamental research.
- Therefore, budgetary, technical and safety constraints limit CERN visits service's capacity (even though CERN welcomes more than 130,000 visitors each year on guided tours).
- If you cannot get your Guided tour for groups of pupils and students here are some alternative solutions:
- Try another date.
- Our permanent exhibitions offer a very good alternative to get an idea on what CERN looks like from the inside. They are accessible freely, no reservation needed.
We thank you for your understanding.
Request a guided tour
Booking a guided tour requires an account.
You can use your CERN, Facebook, Google, Live, Yahoo or Orange account.
Alternatively click here to create CERN lightweight account.
|Request a guided tour for groups|