The following services and equipment are included for no extra cost when using the first floor of the Globe of Science and Innovation.
Some services may require extra staff / resources (e.g. interpretetation, cloakroom, furniture etc). Check details below. Click on images to enlarge.
You will have direct access to our technical staff (1 to 2 persons) who are available to help you before, during and after the event.
Their extensive experience and know-how will help provide solutions to any unexpected problem. They will check that safety conditions and rules are met.
They should be sytematically consulted for any technical question from your suppliers (caterer, lighting etc).
During the event our A/V support staff (between 1 and 3 persons depending on the needs) will help with video, lighting and sound.
Please make sure to state any special needs at least 1 week before the event to make sure we will be able to fulfill your demand.
The Globe zone is opened to the public from Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. In particular, public visit the Universe of Particles exhibition at ground floor.
During this period, 2 guards will be present at the entrance of the Globe (door) to guarantee the excluse access to the first floor for your event.
Outside of the public access period, the guards will be placed at Globe zone entrance (gate) to guarantee the exclusive access to the Globe zone for your event.
Guards will control people authorized to access first floor or Globe zone based on a list of guest, password, badge etc. as you wish.
Pre-event and post-event cleaning are included in the offer for no extra cost.
Caterer is requested to make use of the recycling containers available outside at the back of the Globe.
- Barco HDXW18, 18000 lumens video projector
- 6 m base screen (in front of the arch - used for cinema theatre experience)
- 4 m base screen (within the arch - used when people are standing on stage to avoid projection on the faces)
- 2 TV screens (55 inches)
- 2 high position stands
- 2 low position stands
Recording and streaming
Globe first floor is equipped with need digital TV production equipment.
When requested (at least 1 week in advance), our A/V staff can capture your event, record it and even broadcast it live on the web on a public or private channel.
- 4 Panasonic AW-HE120 robotized Full HD cameras
- Panasonic AV-HS410 video mixer
- Panasonic AW-RP50 camera remote
- Blackmagic 4K / SSD video recorder
- Blackmagic 32x32 switcher
The Globe is connected by fiber optics to CERN Data Centre which is one of the 4 Swiss Internet eXchange points.
Video conferencing can be organized with external parties, using the Globe's video system.
CERN uses the Vidyo free video conference system.
A simple web browser and audio/video capturing device (form simple webcam to more sophisticated systems) is needed by the external party.
- Denon BluRay player
- Video feed boxes in various locations on the 1st floor.
Important recommendations for your presentations and videos:
- For your presentations and videos, we recommend that you use 16/9 image ratio to avoid blank/dark zones on the sides of the screen.
- The presentations and videos should ideally be saved on a USB storage device.
- Presentation files should be provided in MS PowerPoint (.pptx or .ppsx) or .pdf format only.
- Place all audio and movie files linked with the presentation into a single file folder when transferring the presentation from your hard disk to your USB sticks.
- Video formats: To avoid problems with movies within PowerPoint it is recommended to use MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 movies. Quicktime movies (.mov) or AVI-movies cannot be guaranteed to work.
- Fonts: Do not use special fonts which are not part of the standard PowerPoint package, as this will not display correctly.
- 1 Yamaha LS9-32 sound mixer (40 inputs / 24 outputs)
- Extron loudspeakers + subwoofer
- 4 Sennheiser RX/TX hand held wireless microphones
- 4 Sennheiser RX/TX headset wireless microphones
- 2 Catchbox soft throwable microphones for Q&A with the audience
- 2 lectern microphones
- 24 Teletic? tabletop microphones
- 1 Tascam CD player
- 1 Tascam recorder
- 5 Clear-com staff intercoms
- Sound feed boxes in various locations on the 1st floor.
Simultaneous interpretation is possible in one language.
- PolytCab 2100 interpretation booth (ISO 4043:2016) that can be installed in the back or the side ot the audience space
- Bosch interpretation system for 2 interpreters
- 250 Bosch wireless headsets with volume and channel selection
NB: it is the organizer's responsibility to find and hire interpreters.
- MA Lighting DOT 32 XL-F light mixer
- 4 Chauvet Maverick MK2 Lyres
- 9 Chauvet Colorado 2-quad zoom IP (RGBW) spots to light the outer wall and ceiling
- 28 Chauvet Colordash Par-Quad 18 (RGBA) spots to light the inner walls
- 4 Julia profile spots (with iris and cutters) for stage lighting
- 2 PC projectors (with flaps) for lectern lighting
- Full DMX 5 wiring with various connection points
Free and exclusive WiFi is available throughout your event.
WiFi network: CERN_Guest
Eduroam, the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community, is also available at CERN.
There is limited access to wired network, but this requires pre-registration of any connected material. Make sure to provide MAC address, model, brand and all details about equipment at least 1 week before your event.
Internet access implies respect of CERN's computing rules.
- (to be completed) stage modules 2 by 1 metre, adjustable height from 40 cm to 80 cm.
- 1 lectern with PC, VGA/HDMI/MiniDP connectors
- 1 simple lectern
- 2 lectern microphones that can be installed on any of the lecterns
- 1 Logitech wireless presenter (slides clicker)
- 1 Gorgy Timing timer (clock / countup / countdown) placed on top of technical room, visible from stage
- 300 conference chairs
- 30 rectangular tables (120 x 80 cm)
- 20 high stand tables
- 6 yellow comfy chairs for the stage (panel)
- 5 white comfy chairs for the stage (panel)
Any other furniture, in particular cocktail or dinner furniture, must be brought by external supplier (caterer etc).
It is the responsibility of the event organizer to provide personnel to man the cloakroom.
- 6 coat racks for (to be completed) clothes hangers and tickets
- 1 table with 2 chairs
- 1 55 inches monitor screen displaying video capture or stage performance
- 6 tables
- 4 bins for
- (to be completed) electrical board
You can hire external suppliers for any additional service. See the conditions of use.